Thursday 18 April 2013

Chance Cards Part Two


I intended to make a total of thirteen different cards with a variety of instructions printed on them some more than others. The right balance has to be made, but I will not know this until I start using the cards. But here is how I have made the set up at the moment with a grand total of 40 cards in a set.
There are for ADVANCE x2, AMMUNITION x4, EAGER x2, HALT x4, LUCKY x3, NO RESTRICTIONS x5, NO TARGET x3, OFFICERS KILLED x2, RESUPPLY x4, RETREAT x2, STEADY x4, TEST FOR MORAL x3 and UNLUCKY x2. 

Now that I have sorted that out, I can now get down to making my cards up. Okay I have the front of the card which is a picture of the Battle of Waterloo map and on the reverse side a picture of the old guard at Waterloo with the written instructions printed on top of the picture.
I was first going to cut up stiff card to the correct size before gluing on the pictures and the instructions on both sides of the card. First the thickness of the card came into play and then they are going to get dirty very quickly and bent when in use over time. Lamination was the answer but card being too thin could still bend and too thick will not leave me much room for the lamination pouch to contain the card.

So after finding a shop with laminating pouches in credit card size, I brought a box of 50. This should give me enough even if I muck a few up as I have never done laminating before. Lucky for me my daughter had a laminating machine, so that part was solved.
Then out of the blue I had an idea, to use the well-known Lottery cards that you can fine at many shopping outlets in the UK that play the game. These are made out of credit size plastic card and they are very strong. These will be ideal for my chance cards. Once I had collected a few and printed out the front and backs to the cards, the assembling of the cards took place. Sticking the front and reverse side to the plastic card by a bit of sick glue just to place for positional guide, once dry I then inserted the card into the lamination pouch and here you can see the results and I think that they look very professional if I do say. Now I have to find time to play a game and to try out my new cards.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment